HOW DOES IT WORK?
I gently deposit colour pigments under the skin using a digital machine and had tool. anaesthetic is used prior and during procedure.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Appointment times vary depending on the service (brows, lips, etc) and whether it’s a new application or a touchup. Brow services are between 1 and 1.5 hours.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Permanent makeup can last several years. This depends on your skin type , sun exposure and lifestyle. Longetivity of pigments also varies depending on how well your skin holds the pigment. We recommend a colour boost or ‘touch up’ to be take once a year to keep enhancements looking fresh. Should you choose to not touch up Lips and eyes will last up to 3-4 years and eyebrows 1-2 years.
DOES IT HURT?
We use topical anesthetics to numb your skin, so any discomfort you might feel is minimal.
IS IT SAFE?
Completely. We use a new disposable, sterile needle for each client.We also make sure to thoroughly disinfect permanent makeup (micropigmentation) tools and machines.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Results are immediate. However, it takes a couple weeks for the pigment colour to fully settle under the skin. Colour will soften after 10 days and any minor adjustments can be made on your free touch up.
HOW SOON CAN I GO BACK TO WORK?
Down-time with micropigmentation is very minimal. Swelling and redness are typically mild and most people can return to their normal activities right away.
WHAT FACTORS WILL AFFECT SEMI-PERMANENT AND PERMANENT MAKEUP?
- Sun exposure
- Skin type
- Aftercare instructions followed
- The speed at which the skin absorbs the pigment- The slower the absorbment the longer the pigment will hold.
HOW DOES IT HURT?
It is slightly uncomfortable but completely bearable. The tattooing process lasts about an hour. We Use an excessive amount of numbing and the technique is extremely gentle. DO NOT take any asprins or drink a coffee before your appointment. They will cause you to bleed lots and also make you more sensitive during the procedure.
CAN I GET LIP BLUSH IF I HAVE DARK/COOL TONED LIPS?
Yes, however, on the first session we will have to color correct your lips to cancel out the cool tones. This means the initial color we tattoo MUST be orange! If we are to tattoo any other color you risk darkening your lips further or having absolutely no results at all. When healed at 6 weeks, most if not all of the darkness in your lips will be covered and your lips will have a nudey-pink even tone. Note that results cannot be guaranteed and lightening or evening out dark lips may take a few sessions. Under no circumstances will we tattoo a "NUDE" color on dark or cool toned lips. If you are unsure if you have dark or cool toned lips you can send us a picture of your lips in natural light to confirm.
DO I NEED A TOUCHUP?
Touchups are recommended for everybody. On touchup sessions, we can alter the shape and color of your tattoo or go bolder or fill in spots that didn't retain pigment as well as others during healing. Touchups will also add longevity to the life of your tattoo. A Touchup can be booked no sooner than 4 weeks of your last appointment. Please ask to ensure you have waited long enough from laser treatments, filler or botox to have a touchup done. Touchups are included
HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
Depending on your skin, health and if you come for touchup refreshers, your tattoo will last from 1-4 years. Here are some factors will cause your semi-permanent tattoo to fade faster:
- Oily skin
- Retinol or Vitamin C
- Iron deficiency
- Sun exposure
- Exposure to salt water
- Dark lips
CAN I STILL GET LIP BLUSH IF I HAVE LIP FILLER?
Yes! Lip filler does not interfere with the process of tattooing lips or the results. Lip filler and lip blush appointments MUST be at least 6 weeks apart from each other.
AM I ABLE TO HAVE THIS TREATMENT?
You may NOT have this procedure if :
- You are under 18 You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have been on Accutane or Roaccutane within the past year
- Have HIV or Hepatitis or any other infectious or viral diseases
- Undergoing Chemotherapy
- You are Epileptic
- You are taking medications that may affect how your skin responds to blood clotting and healing.
- You develop infections easily
HOW CAN I PREPARE?
- Do not consume caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment to prevent excessive pain and bleeding.
- Do NOT TAKE ASRPINS or other blood thinners such a Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Panadol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- Avoid exercising the day of the procedure.
- Do not take or get any chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing, vitamin E, retinols, fish oil, at least 4 weeks before your appointment.
- Please read the aftercare and arrange your schedule accordingly to the healing stage.
- There is downtime for every procedure.